Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mexican Dip


I had a ton of people at my house this weekend and we did Mexican Food night. We were running late so I busted out with the old "go to" dip when I need a quick appetizer. I'm not sure where or when our family first started making this dip but every single person in my family tries to claim this dip as their own....even Jana! So today, it's just the "Mexican Dip" and not Jaime's Famous Mexican Dip...unless of course you really want to call it that because it's really my dip and no one else's. Whatever it's called...it's AWESOME and pretty tasty. Try it out...it'll be gone before you know it!

Mexican Dip
2 packages cream cheese, softened
2 cans Hormel chili NO BEANS (I have no idea why there are 3 in the pic)
1 jar salsa
Monterey Jack or Colby Cheese or both, shredded


In a 13x9 pan, spread the cream cheese evenly.


Pour the chili over the cream cheese smoothing it out evenly.
Pour the salsa over the chili, smoothing it out evenly.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
Bake in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes or so or until cheese is all bubbly and melted.

4 comments:

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

This dip is actually my recipe, JAJA. No really, we love it here too. Triston LOVES IT!! I might have to make it this week. Sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

FOR THE RECORD THE DID IS CALLED JANA'S TO DIE FOR DIP. ITS ACTUALLY PUBLISHED IN A COOK BOOK WITH MY NAME AS THE RECIPE HOLDER. FYI

My crazy crazy life said...

No Jana...this one does not have beans...sorry!

Anonymous said...

This dip is fabulous! A sister in our (formerly known as) Book Study made this for every "Goody Night". I had to refrain from eating the whole dish myself. So, so good. Thanks for posting the recipe. She told me the basic ingredients, but I didn't know the amounts. Thanks again!