Monday, November 3, 2008

Chicken Burritos Enchilada Style

My sister-in-law Kim got all our friends and family together and we did an online cookbook that was then printed. Check out her recipe blog at http://chezlevesque.blogspot.com/. We took votes on a name for the cookbook and we ended up with "May I Have Your Recipe". That's what cooking is all about. Finding new recipes and most of them from asking our friends and family for great ideas. Last week I was thumbing through the cookbook and found this recipe from our good friend Amber.

Sweet Amber with Sweet Lily
It sounded so yummy. I made it last week and Scott devoured it. The picture doesn't show it, but I added sour cream to the top of mine and it was to die for! This was extremely easy. Try it out! OLE!

Chicken Burritos Enchilada Style

2 large chicken breasts
Burrito size tortillas
1 15 oz can refried beans
1 can diced green chilies
1 can green enchilada sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese


Cook the chicken however you prefer. (I boiled mine). (I bet rotisserie chicken would taste so yummy in this, as well.) Using my "Pampered Chef" chopper, I chopped the chicken into little pieces. Or you could shred it. In a bowl, combine the chicken, refried beans, green chilis and 1 cup shredded cheese and stir until well blended. Roll the mixture into the tortillas (burrito style) (I was told by Amber not to overstuff it because it would be "too much". Place the burritos in a 13x9 pan baking dish. Then pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the burritos. Place in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes until sauce is bubbly around the sides and the edges look crispy. About 5 minutes before it's ready to come out, I sprinkled some shredded cheese over the top of the burritos. They came out looking like this:

You can top your burrito with anything. Sydney topped hers with guacamole and I topped mine with sour cream and salsa.


2 comments:

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

This looks SO good. I want to make it and then after it's done baking, add cream cheese and a coat of cheddar cheese on top. Of course, I'm going to add a mild to medium chopped chili to the cream cheese for a zesty flavor.

Looks great!

How did the kids like it?

My crazy crazy life said...

The kids didn't like it...oh well...their loss!