Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Butter Cake





I would like, rather LOVE to take credit for this bad boy but I have to give props to my little sister Crystal for getting our family hooked on this Pumpkin Butter Cake. I'm not a big pumpkin pie eater but after trying a sampling of this cake, I about fell over, seriously. It's that good. What I love about it is the butter cake at the bottom, I mean, it's so simple, why didn't I think of it first? The top layer is unreal as well, nice and gooey, warm and it melts in your mouth. So, you gotta try it and let me know when you do. I will not take responsibility if you eat the entire pan.


(Jen and Crystal, my little sis)

Ingredients:

Cake bottom:


1 package of yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:

1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (16 ounce) box of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg


First thing is first, mix the yellow cake mix well with mixer one egg and 8 tablespoons of butter, melted.

Once you have it mixed well, take the dough and pat down on a lightly greased baking pan.




Now it's time to make the filling to go over the cake. Start off with the pumpkin and cream cheese, beat until smooth and incorporated.


Add the eggs, vanilla and butter and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.




Spread the pumpkin mixture over the cake batter and bake for 45-50 minutes. Make sure you don't over cook it as you want the middle of the pan to still jiggle when you shake it, gotta make it a little gooey.





3 comments:

My crazy crazy life said...

Okay, I'll be honest, I hate pumpkin but my fam is coming into town and they LOVE pumpkin so I'm going to bite the bullet and make this for them.

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy! I'm trying it...my husband LOVES pumpkin, so this will be a little treat for him when he gets home today. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh i make this, just made it last week and the whole fam damily devoured it. I really should put it on my blog...YUMMY!