Tuesday, January 10, 2012

White Chocolate Cranberry Scones


If you know me, you know I love all things tea and that most definitely would include SCONES.

I found these online months ago and have been dying to try them
. I'm so glad I finally did and they were delicious!!!

White Chocolate Cranberry Scones

1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons cold butter
6 tablespoons half and half
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

In a bowl whisk together the
flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in the butter pieces.
I cut the butter into little pieces and then I put the dry ingredients along with the butter in a food processor and pulse it a few times. Works like a charm!

Mix together the half and half and beaten egg.
Add the flour mixture along with the cranberries
and the white chocolate chips, and stir until the dough holds
together.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and very gently knead for just until dough sticks together.

Form into a 1/2-inch thick round, then cut the round into 8
wedges. I made two rounds and cut into 16 wedges.

Spray a baking sheet with Pam or lightly oil with canola oil, then transfer the wedges
to the sheet.

Bake the scones at 400 degrees for 14 minutes.

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Cranberry and white chocolate is one of fav combination. Totally agree with you that these scones are perfect for a nice and relaxing afternoon tea.

Unknown said...

Love this!

I work with AllFreeCasseroleRecipes and have been trying to contact you. Please email me if there is a good way to reach you. Thanks!

Adam Kaplan
akaplan@primecp.com

t4cetaku said...

jasa percetakan jakarta
jasa percetakan murah
cetak buku murah jakarta
percetakan jakarta
percetakan murah
digital pritning
cetak buku
cetak murah
print murah