Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Peanut Butter Fudge


I LOVE Fudge, but really don't make it that often as I can't find a recipe that I just love or can make really good. I usually just buy it. My favorite fudge years ago was the fudge from Disneyland but it's not that good anymore. I love the fudge at the Arizona State Fair, as well, but taking a bullet for fudge doesn't sound like that much fun so I've been trying some other recipes. I found this one somewhere, I can't remember. It was pretty good. In fact too good. After my third piece, I boxed it up and sent it to work with Scott...there I'm safe.

Peanut Butter Fudge
3 cups sugar
3 Tbls cocoa
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup evaporated milk
3 Tbls light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Step 1: Butter a 13x9 baking dish. In a 3 quart sauce pan, add cocoa, sugar and cream of tartar. Add evaporated milk, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium high heat stirring until mixture boils.
Step 2: Reduce heat to medium. Using a candy thermometer, continue to cook stirring until temperature reaches 238 degrees. If you don't have a thermometer, just let it boil for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and peanut butter. Mix well and fold in nuts. (My kids don't like nuts, so I didn't put the walnuts in the mixture, I just sprinkled them on one side...press them in when you do this...I didn't and half the nuts fell off when I cut them.)
Step 3: Pour mixture into pan. Allow to cool

No comments: