Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie (casserole style)

So Jen game this recipe...holy moly! I could probably eat the whole pan myself and honestly, if I did, I would never admit it. Her hubby Bart is from North Carolina and she acquired this recipe from one of his family members. I'll tell ya what...those folks from the South sure can cook some serious comfort food.


Chicken Pot Pie



4 cups of chicken breast, cubed and cooked
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup sliced carrots



Crust:


1 cup of plain flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 stick of melted butter
1 cup of milk





Mix up crust ingredients and place in the fridge for 1 hour. While that's happening, cook your chicken. I've boiled mine but the last time I used rotisserie chicken. Love Love Love rotisserie chicken!

Once chicken is done and shredded up or cubed, place in a 13x9 pan. Pour soups, chicken broth, peas and carrots over chicken and mix up real well.



Pour crust mixture over your chicken/soup mixture. It will be liquid. Just smooth it over.


Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

It doesn't get easier than this folks! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Fergie said...

Hi, how much butter is "one stick"? This sounds delicious but I want to make sure I do it right. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

1 stick is 8 tablespoons.