Friday, November 14, 2008

READER SUBMISSION FRIDAYS

Every Friday we will post a blog about the pictures and recipes that are sent to us from our loyal blog readers. We have gotten several and our very first one to be posted for this new "Reader Submission Fridays" is Kristen Misuraca.




A little bio by Jaime: I've known Kristen for a VERY long time. We had our babies together and she hosted many a mommy lunch. Oh the good times I remember at her home with all of us new moms and great food. Kristen also hosted many a dinner party at her folks house (who invited their dad??)...hahaha. Kristen is married to Val Misuraca who is Italian and I know they must have some seriously good recipes up their sleeves...so I'm just biding my time waiting for him to bust out with something amazing from some old family vault. She has one son, Austin, who has been friends with my children since birth! Kristen is an amazing mother, wife and I'm very proud to call her one of my amazing friends. She is also a fellow blogger, check it out here (Kristen, you're going to have update your blob now)...so here's her recipe...thanks Kristen:




Skillet Lasagna
2 1/2 cups no boil lasagna noodles broken into 1 to 2 in. pieces
1 chopped onion
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1/4 cup shredded parmesean cheese
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1 egg
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
basil, oregano, salt, pepper
shredded mozarella for topping,





Cook/brown beef and onion in a large skillet with olive oil or cooking spray of your choice. Once cooked add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.


Also add in the broken lasagna noodle pieces. Bring sauce to a boil and than reduce heat to a simmer. Cover skillet and cook for 20 minutes or until cooked.



While the noodles are cooking in seperate mixing bowl mix together the cottage cheese, parmesean cheese, egg, and basil to taste.



Once noodles are done (softened) add the cottage cheese mixture in dollops on top of the noodles. Cover again and cook for 5 minutes on simmer. Than take off lid, add shredded mozarella to pan on top and than cover for final 5 minutes of cooking. Its up to you but I also like to sprinkle a little additional basil and oregano also at this step to mix in with the mozarella but thats up to your taste.


She likes to serve this with a simple green salad and hot italian bread.


Thanks Kristen for your yummy recipe and great photos!

5 comments:

My crazy crazy life said...

I'm going to try this sometime this weekend and I'm going to use Turkey Italian Sausage...I'll let you know how it turns out.
Jaime

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

oh my this looks sooooo good! I am going to make when I get back from the carolinas for sure!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is still one of my post popular dishes on my blog..it is verry versatile and can be changed up to suit everyone's taste.

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

I have this on my grocery list and I'm going to buy the ingredients but I have a question. I called you on your cell Kristen, so call me back so I can figure it out before I hit the grocery store.

Love,

Jenifer

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

Hmmm, I made this last night for the family and they ALL loved it, including me! Lots of leftovers which is great because then I don't have to cook tonight, whahoo!

Thanks Kristen!