Monday, November 24, 2008

Alfredo Sauce

This taste was very similar to Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce. I've been looking up copy cat recipes but this one seemed the easiest (which it was) and used the least amount of ingredients but didn't fall under any of the copy cats. I thought I'd try anyways. It was really good. Next time I'm going to make breaksticks with it and try to duplicate the salad at Olive Garden. Then I'll feel like I'm eating out for about a 1/3 of the cost.

Alfredo Sauce

1 pint of Heavy Cream
1 stick of butter
2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
1/2 - 3/4 C. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Garlic powder


In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic powder. Simmer this for 15 - 20 minutes on low. You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.

2 comments:

Mrs.Misuraca said...

Yummy...I will definately try this one as I LOVE a good alfredo sauce. BTW...if you try that salad dressing recipe I gave you and toss it with a simple green salad with sliced red onions,black olives, and shredded fresh parmesean cheese...toss all together and it tastes just like the olive garden salad...oh! I almost forgot,..gotta add the croutons too :)

Micah said...

I'm going to try this for sure. How were you able to separate your recipes into categories? I would like to do that but can't figure out how. :(