Friday, October 31, 2008

Potato Soup

This recipe was givin to me by my lovely and beautiful cousin Loren from Tennessee.

This is her...isn't she sooo cute!

There are two food groups that I absolutely love...Cookies and Soup! (I'll love brownies more if Rookie Cookie sends me free brownies). Everyone loved this. It was super easy and I threw it all in the crockpot and left it. 8-10 hours later we were eating yummy Potato Soup.

Potato Soup
8 cups coarsely chopped & peeled potatoes
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 bacon crisped, drained and crumbled
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
3 14.5 oz cans low-sodium chicken broth, I use the big cartons so 1 & 1/2 of the big cartons.
1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp pepper



In a 4qt or bigger crock pot, stir together the potatoes and onions. Stir in bacon. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and the pepper. Add the mixture to the crock pot.
Cover and cook the soup on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-5 hours. Once done, take a masher and mash up the potatoes a little...it gives it a thicker consistency. I don't use any salt while I'm cooking and just add it later. This one you have to add ALOT of salt too because there are so many poatotes in it, it just sucks up the salt.
Makes 8 servings.


ENJOY!

No comments: