Saturday, October 25, 2008

Easy and Yummy Banana Muffins

Look at the film on my coffee...I guess that would be the toxins from the creamer I put in my coffee that Matt always talks about. Sorry Matt, not ready to give up my toxins...just yet.

So Tina stayed the night and I made her homemade banana muffins this morning. This recipe was given to me by Tammy Lyttle. It was soooo easy and so yummy. In two of the muffins, I added strawberries (you can see the strawberry in the muffin that is cut up) ...holy moly...YUMMY!

I even made mini muffins for the little boys.


Banana Loaf/Muffin Recipe

Geez, that vanilla bottle looks gross.

1 cup butter (it called for margarine..but I'm not a fan)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
6 large ripe bananas (I only had 4...it worked)
splash of milk
1 t vanilla
4 cups flour
2 t baking soda
pinch of salt
nuts (optional...i didn't add them as dylan can't have them)

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, smashed bananas, milk and vanilla...mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Bake in a preheated oven at 300 deg. I had to guess on the time because it didn't say on the recipe...(thanks Tammy!)...the mini muffins, I baked for 22 minutes but they were a little on the brown side so I would probably say around 20 minutes. The larger muffins I baked for 35 minutes. They turned out perfect. Add strawberries to the batter for strawberry banana muffins...Good God, they were awesome!


I know Dylan loved them!

No comments: