Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thin Mint N' Chip Crispers


So I frequent this blog Picky Palate and if you frequent my blog, you will know from my cookie disaster post that I attempted her Chocolate and Cinnamon chipper cookies, but quickly found out that cinnamon chips are very different than cinnamon "wood" chips. Anyhoo, I decided to steer clear of that recipe for now but ended up with this recipe from her site...Thin Mint N' Chip Crispers. These turned out much better. I didn't even know they sold a bag of chopped up Andes Mints on the baking aisle but right there in Super Walmart sat the bag...I was so excited. These cookies are so yummy and they taste just like a certain cookie sold by a certain little girl in a certain uniform with the initials G.S. Try 'em out and let me know what you think.


Thin Mint N' Chip Crispers

1 Cup softened butter
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
½ Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ Cups all purpose flour
3 Tablespoons instant jello French vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
10 oz bag Andes Mint Chips/pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars. Slowly beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2. Combine flours, pudding mix, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Slowly add to mixer along with the mint pieces until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop batter onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet, do not press cookies down. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges of cookies just start to turn golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Those look fabulous! I love Picky Palate too and will have to try these cookies now. Thanks for saying hello! :)

Joie de vivre said...

Oooh yummy! These look great.

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Oh boy, I love those mints. I must try!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.