Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Slow Cooked Roast and Gravy


I stumbled on this recipe blog, Recipe Sharing and realized that the owner of the blog not only lives in Arizona but we both know the same people and these are people that I've known for years...weird, HUH? Anyhoo, I'm glad I found it because the recipes sound DELISH! I made this roast, not only because it sounded good but also because I had all the ingredients in my pantry. This roast was AWESOME! The gravy was so amazing, I froze the remaining gravy and am going to use it for chopped beef in another recipe. My kids even loved it and when that happens, I know I've hit a home run!

Slow Cooked Roast and Gravy

1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1 (10 1/2-oz) can condensed beef broth
1 (1-oz) envelope dry onion-mushroom soup mix
1 (3 1/2-to 4-lb) eye of round roast, trimmed
(I used top sirloin roast and it was amazing...super tender)
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil


1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a 5 1/2 quart slow cooker.

2. Sprinkle roast evenly with flour, salt, and pepper. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Transfer roast to slow-cooker.

3. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.

4. Remove roast from slow cooker, slice to serve. Skim fat from gravy in slow cooker, if desired. Whisk gravy; serve over roast.

1 comment:

Linda said...

One of my favorite meals, and I never make it anymore--why is that? I love sirloin tip roast, so I will give your recipe a try--it looks amazing!