Sunday, December 7, 2008

Chinese Chicken Salad

My blogging BFF, Jaime made this salad for my baby shower a month ago and it was a hit, not only with me but for everyone! I received so many e-mails from friends asking for this recipe, so I got it from Jaime and made it a few times. I love it! It's so refreshing, crispy and absolutely delish!



3/4 to 1 cup oil - I prefer Olive Oil
6 Tbls red wine vinegar
1 Tbls soy sauce
4 Tbls sugar
2 packets from the Oriental Top Ramen Packets (sold in the soup section)
Additional items to toss in the salad:
Chicken breast
Toatsed Almonds, my favorite!
Red Onions

Toast the almonds until golden brown, I use olive oil to help with the toasting process.




Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and Top Ramen packets together. Just like any salad dressing you make, you can adjust it by adding a little more of any ingredient to your liking...however, I personally prefer sticking with the original. Drizzle over your favorite salad, I love Romain. Top with your almonds and don't forget to break up the uncooked noodles of the soup package as a "crouton" topper.
-Enjoy

No comments: