Thursday, February 5, 2009

Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna Style







We love eggplant, period. We also love Eggplant Parmesan as well as lasagna, so one day I combined the two for a delish meal, Eggplant Parmesan, lasagna style.



It's worth the time making this dish, it's very good. I always make two, one for that night and one for the freeze for a day I'm not in the mood to cook.

My family enjoys it, it's filling and goes great with a side salad.

Enjoy!

-Jenifer

Ingredients:

2 eggplants

bread crumbs

eggs

oil

mozzarella cheese

Italian blend cheese

ricotta cheese

pasta sauce

dried oregano

dried parsley

chopped garlic

salt/pepper to taste


First thing first, mix the ricotta cheese with a couple eggs, salt and dried parsley.


I also put Italian blend cheese in the Ricotta mix as well. Once mixed, put in refrigerator.


Slice the eggplant, not too thin, not too thick.


Look how pretty these eggplant slices are.

Dip each slice into an egg wash.



Once dipped, add into your breadcrumbs and get it nice and coated.


Once your done coating them, it's time to cook.



Place in hot oil and cook until tender and super golden brown.



Here is the eggplant all cooked up and ready to be assembled.



(Becareful, they are good and little hands likes to take one or two to eat).



Coat your pan with sauce. (I use throw-aways to avoid lots of dishes)



After adding the sauce, add a layer of eggplant.






Now add your ricotta cheese mixture evenly.



Add mozzarella cheese.


Add sauce now.




Continue the pattern. Add more eggplants, ricotta, sauce and cheese until your pan is full.



Looking good!



Final product. Cook at 350 for 45 minutes. Of course, this always taste BETTER the next day once all the flavors are incorporated.

8 comments:

Micah said...

My husband LOVES Eggplant Parmesan. I'll have to make it this way and get his opinion. I am NOT a fan of eggplant.

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

He'll love it this way...when you cook this...have a smaller pan for you and just add lasagna noodles to it for a simple lasgna...and you both get a delish meal.

My crazy crazy life said...

Jen, that's just plain child labor right there!!!

My crazy crazy life said...

And OMG, that's look delish...I'm sooo making this come this weekend. What a good idea to freeze one!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Looks delicious. I just bought eggplant to make some parmesan.

Anonymous said...

I made this for dinner last night and it was divine!!! Thanks for sharing.

eapoe79 said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. My husband could not get enough of it and my picky eater son finished his whole plate for once.

lkak said...

would it taste good to layer lasagna noodles with this? Or would that mess up the recipe?