Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spinach, Artichoke with Feta (Served Hot or Cold)




Jaime and I were recently invited to Amber's baby shower for Rocco. Her sister, Chantel was the host and made this awesome spinach spread for crackers....I just had to have the recipe because it really is sooo tasty! I made this dish but forgot to purchase crackers so I decided instead of eating it cold (which was how it was served at Amber's baby shower for Rocco), I decided to bake it until bubbly and I am SO glad I did. Serve cold with crackers or bake as the best spinach/artichoke dip you will ever have! Thanks Chantel!


This is Amber, isn't she cute!?

This is Chantel sitting next to Jaime, she made this wonderful recipe that I just had to make!

1 package of frozen spinach (drain ALL water from spinach after it thaws)


3/4 cup of feta

1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Mix

2 teaspoons of galic

1 small jar of artichoke hearts (drain all liquids)

1 room temp block of cream cheese


I thawed the spinach in the microwave and then squeezed out all liquids with a cheese cloth.

Add your garlic to the spinach.

Add the Ranch mix powder.

Now add the artichoke (I diced my artichoke hearts up).

Add cream cheese, remember to make sure it's room temperature so it mixes easily.

Now add the crumbled Feta cheese to the mix.

Mix well, really well! If you want to serve it cold with crackers, mold it into a ball and place crackers around it. If you want it hot, bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Wow, Jen, great job! I love all the pics. I like how you heated it up. What did you end up eating it with?