Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lahmahjoon Armenian Pizza





My husband and I have lunch together every Tuesday at a little hole in the wall called Aladdins Kitchen. A lot of my past recipes here is because I wanted to make dishes we eat from the restaurant right at home, here is one of them. We decided to order the Armenian pizza and boy were we glad we did, the flavors are so rich and it was so different, a good kind of different. We were hooked. I had to try it at home, I did and we loved it!!!

Obviously, this isn't any ordinary pizza, if you love ethnic food, you must try!

For the pizza dough, I used the naan recipe (posted below). Here is the topping recipe, you can't get any fresher than this!

1 pound of lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups of finely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 14.5 ounce can of peeled or diced tomatoes
1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
feta cheese, crumbled

Cook the beef, drain out all fat. In food processor, add the cooked meat and blend until you almost get a paste. Remove and place into large mixing bowl. Add all ingredients and do the same thing, blend well until you get it almost to a paste. Add with the meat and blend well. You can add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator and let the flavors blend all day long, if you can, let it sit overnight.

If you don't have time to make homemade naan, purchase pita breads and top it with the Lahmahjoon sauce. Place in oven until hot and top it off with some crumbled feta cheese.

Fold over to eat it.







1 comment:

My crazy crazy life said...

OMG Jen, that looks delicious! I don't dig ground beef, so I'm thinking ground turkey...what do you think? It looks really easy too!