Sunday, January 4, 2009

Super Easy Shrimp Scampi


This dish is so delicious and so easy and SO fattening. Which of course means it's something I've been eating for quite some time. Even though, I will not be eating this anytime in my near future as I am on a diet...EEK! That's right folks, I'm dieting. So this might/maybe be my last posting for a FAT GUT BUSTING meal and I might move on to healthier things to post. BUT before you decide to stop checking our blog now...Jen is still on and I'm sure until she's done nursing sweet Gillian she'll have some yummy gooey food to post. So here's to you enjoying one of my family's favorite meals. My mom got this recipe from my mother-in-law, long before I was her daughter-in-law and made it for my family all the time. We call it Spaghetti Shrimp as we used Angel Hair Pasta or Thin Spaghetti but my mother in law always uses Fettuccine noodles. Try it out...you will NOT be disappointed.

Shrimp Scampi


1 lb raw deveined shrimp
1 stick butter
4-5 cloves garlic, presses, minced
2 Tablespoons cornstarch in 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chicken broth
Salt and Cracked Pepper, to taste


Boil your noodles first. When your noodles are almost al dente, melt butter in large skillet. Saute shrimp and garlic till they change color, just a few minutes. Add cornstarch mixture and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over hot, cooked fettuccine noodles, or mix together and serve.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

When did you make this??? It looks so good!

My crazy crazy life said...

Crystal, we make this ALL the time...it's so easy and has amazing flavor. But since I'm dieting we won't be making much of this anymore. This will be a "once in a while" treat.

test it comm said...

Shrimp scampi is one of my favorites. Nice and simple ans really tasty!