Monday, January 26, 2009

Bok Choy with Bacon


Anything with bacon is A-OK in my book. I really like bok choy and making it this way makes it even better. One of my favorite blog sites is Rookie Cookie and she just had a post where she talked about Pike Place Market. It made me remember a time we were there in Seattle. It was about 10 years ago. Scott and I were staying at a hotel that had a kitchen in the room. We went down to Pike Pike and bought two lobster tails and then went over to the butcher and bought a 1/2 lb of raw bacon pieces and then cruised over to the produce section and bought Bok Choy. (That place has everything!) We went back to our suite and cooked us up a fancy lobster dinner with Bok Choy and Bacon. It is one of my favorite meals and memories to this day. The food was so fresh. It was the first time I had ever had Bok Choy. I'm hooked!
Bok Choy with Bacon

Bok Choy
4 or 5 slices of bacon



I love this baby bok choy from Trader Joe's. It's cheap and just the right amount for my family. And it's easier to work with than the big bok choy.

Fry the bacon in a pan.
Remove the bacon and remove most of the grease. I would say leave about 2 tablespoons. Cut the big end off the bok choy and then cut the bok choy into big pieces (it shrinks when you cook it). Place all the bok choy into the pan and toss around to coat the bok choy really good with the bacon grease.
While that is cooking, cut the bacon into pieces. Once the bok choy wilts down to your likeness, add the bacon.
Cook for another few minutes and you're done. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

OMG, that looks SOOOO good! I love how you put bacon with it....must try, must try!

test it comm said...

I like baby bok choy as well and serving it with bacon sounds really good!

Chef E said...

I was never so crazy about Choy, until this, bacon makes everything taste better...did homer simpson say that...Oh my gosh hubby has to stop watching that show :)

Unknown said...

This sounds fantastic with the bacon. I will have to try it.