Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How Much? How Many?

I am trying to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and the recipe calls for 1 lb of Brown Sugar. Come again? 1 lb? That's not how I measure...I measure in cups. I did some googling and I'm getting varying answers on what constitutes a pound. Obviously liquids are different than solids but solids can be confusing too based on their texture...i.e. powdered sugar v. packed brown sugar. After a ton of research I think I found my answer. We shall see how they turn out. But in the meantime I found this handy chart for y'all to reference. My friend Lisa always tells me she doesn't understand measurements...after my measurement fiasco with my cookie bars, I feel her pain so this post is dedicated to her! Click HERE to find this handy dandy measurement guide. It has everything from how much liquid equals the juice of one lemon...2 TBS...who knew!...to how many mashed bananas in 1 cup. I love this guide. I'm going to print it out and laminate it and stick it on my fridge.

Again, click HERE to find the guide.

4 comments:

Hornsfan said...

A pound?? That's insane,who knows, it may not be all that much but it sure sounds like it when you have to read 'a pound of sugar' - thanks for the handy link!

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

I know, right? I was freaking out about how much that was but it had no regular white sugar in it so I guess that would be about right because it was 2 1/2 cups total.

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

Umm, walk away from a recipe that calls for a pound of sugar!!

Anne said...

Super useful, thank you!