Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chicken Ricotta Parmesan

I made a fabulous eggplant parmesan which I already blogged about so yesterday I decided to make chicken parmesan with a twist, adding ricotta. I couldn't believe how ridiculously easy this recipe was and how tasty it was to boot. Easy, all protein and delish, just like I like it. Next time you need something yummy, easy and inexpensive to make, consider this dish!

3 half chicken breasts
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/3 pound of mozzarella cheese purchased at the meat/cheese counter
1 small skim ricotta cheese
1 egg
1 jar of red sauce
salt and pepper
1/4 cup of flour
olive oil

First thing is first, fillet your chicken, instead of pounding flat a chicken breast, make it easy and cut it thin! So, 3 chicken breasts will turn into 6 for this dish.

Season your chicken with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, both side. Lightly dust the chicken breast in flour.

Drizzle olive oil over the chicken before adding it into a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

While the chicken is cooking, mix your ricotta cheese with half a cup of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, one egg and a pinch of salt. Mix well and refrigerate until the chicken is done.

This is what the chicken looks like after baking for 30 minutes.

Add your ricotta cheese mix over each chicken breast.

Add a big slice of mozzarella cheese over the ricotta now.

Add your red sauce over the chicken.

Top with more parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Finished dish! Cheesy and delish! Serve with a small Caesar salad.

7 comments:

Buster's Pearl . . . Always said...

Oh my word! I'm salivating reading this one! Love the high protein of the meal, too! Can't wait to try it!

My crazy crazy life said...

Oh Jen, that looks absolutely delicious. I think I might make this tonight...thanks!
P.S. I'm loving the new little widget that links you to past recipes...very cool!

Joie de vivre said...

I've been on such a carb kick this week, I need something like this to balance me out!

Jenifer (and_she_makes_four) said...

You can't go wrong with this dish, even with dieting...it's a must, little to no carbs, all protein. The low fat ricotta adds that kick to it, it was so good. Had leftovers today that the boys ate after K-Hall.

Dragon said...

This looks really delicious! Yum!

Sista Stroke | Music 4 People said...

Hi! I made this recipe tonight and, just to let you know, it was a hit!
Thanks for the great dish, Ladies!
xx

Anonymous said...

I made this tonight. Haven't tried it yet, but it sure smells good!